Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Review: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick


WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS

The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.

Review:

I don't know how I got this book. One day I came home from school and it was in the mail. Said it came from the publisher, Simon & Schuster. I don't remember winning it or anything. I just know Mom was disappointed because it was going to be a part of my Christmas present. Anyway, I was so happy when I got this. I just put off reading because I had so much to read already. When I picked it up a few days ago to read it, I was really excited. Then I read it.

Plot: I started off by reading the inside flap summary. In my head, this is what I said: I feel like the book series is starting over. It kinda felt like it. She loses her memory and is trying to come to sense on what happens. But then I read a bit more and realized that her lost memory plays into the bigger plan.

As I read, I like to book mark certain spots when the book really sparks my interest or that's a new favorite spot of mine. In this book, I didn't do that much. (Sure, there were amazing sweet scenes between Nora and Patch, but not many.) The reason why is that I felt like the whole book was on fast forward for the whole book. Fitzpatrick automatically jumped into Nora starting to dig around into unknown Nephilium territory with Scot (ugh) and running into Patch (Jev) almost five chapters into the book. Yeah, rushed. I wish it was slower, Nora first trying to go back to normal for a few more chapters, and then dive into the Nephilium stuff. Other than that, the overall story was good. Suspense, action, and drama.

Characters: Nora was brave yet I can't like her the way I like some other YA girls. She's one of those girls that I can see has more potential to her, she brave and smart and caring, but she makes a lot of mistakes that I can't like her. Making mistakes is something that makes me cringe. Sure, I make them, but it's the memory of them that I dont' like. I'm still haunted by some past mistakes. But she made some stupid ones that made me mad at her. I'm happy she made a good choice in the end, her love for her mom and her friends made her choose their life over hers.

The two characters I was mad at was Hank and Nora's mom, Blythe. Blythe because she was so in love with Hank and didn't talk to Nora on why she dislike him so much (even if she was being mind controlled). Hank, well, Hank is Hank, and he's a *#^#*^#*&#%^. That's all.

Romance: I felt that it was rushed and insta-love crap. Once Nora saw Jev, instant attraction, not "I feel like I know him, I should find out how) feeling. I was hoping that Nora would see Patch, start trying to find him, ask him if he knows anything, and instead of finding out that he's a fallen angel and knows about her past, she would ask him to help her find her kiddnaper, and fall in love with him again along the way. Nope. Middle of the book BAM! Love. Ugh. Oh, and the thing with Scot, didnt' like. I kinda hoped he would get killed off.

Ending: I really wish this was a trilogy, but no. Fitzpatrick made room for the sequel, Finale (stupid name). I will read it. I just hope it will not disappoint.

Future: Finale, out Oct. 23rd.

Quotes:

"'I love you.' His voice was straightforward, affectionate. 'You make me remember who I used to be. you make me want to be that man again. Right now, holding you, I feel like we have a shot at beating all odds and making it together. I'm yours, if you'll have me.'" Patch. pg. 428. (N, he's not proposing. He's just professing his love.)

Rating:

Cover:
The second best cover. Crescendo was the best.

Ending:


*Won? this book


Keep On Reading!


Up Next:
Started it. It's good so far.


0 comments:

Post a Comment