Sunday, June 9, 2013

Review: Harry Potter series-Books 5-7 by J.K. Rowling

 
(Ignore books 1-4. Already read and reviewed)
 
My book summary:
Boy wizard, Harry Potter, battles with understanding the wizarding world and getting ready to fight the Dark Lord once again. At his side are his friends Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley. But between trying not to die and learning everything he can, Harry works at trying to protect his friends and loved ones. 
 
Source: Bought
 
Review: It's been a while since I've read these three, but I remember enough. And sorry it's short, but I've pretty much said what I needed to say in this review. Anyway, these last three books--you can really see the difference between the first books and these.
 
1) There is more detail, which is good.
2) More development of the plot and setting.
3) More character development
 
In the first books, there was just the characters and some of their emotions. In addition, I thought there was little detail. I guess it's hard to write a series backwards. But in these last three, we get to read more about each character and why they are the way they are. And we get more detail on why something is happening.
 
The last book, The Deadly Hallows, was my favorite, only because it was when Voldemourt got his butt kicked. This series overall is amazing.
 
Series rating overall:
The Big Kahuna
 
 
Keep On Reading
 

1 comments:

  1. Agree! Although when I read the last half of the series I find myself missing the simplicity of books 1-3.

    ReplyDelete