Monday, June 9, 2014

Review: Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

Title: Pushing the Limits
Author: Katie McGarry
Series: Yes
Finished or ARC: ARC
Source: I won from someone

Goodreads: So wrong for each other …and yet so right.
No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal. 

But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible. 

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.


Review: 
I read this over a year ago and haven't put up the review. I know right? College sucks. I will say this, I should have read it sooner than when i did. I loved it. It had a lot of drama, which I can get at school, but there was a nice comedy relief that it was hard to put down.

First thing I'd love to point out is how real the book could actually be. PTSD is real, and how it is tackled in this book is amazing. And I love the rebellion from Echo--instead of burying it away like she has been taught, she let it out and took it head on.

Noah was amazing. Not the typical bad boy with a sweet side, but a bad boy who's fighting for something he needs to get over guilt. I loved how he comes to several realizations throughout his relationship with Echo, and that despite how things are, he is willing to take another look at reality.

The ending was great. It wasn't sad at all, and things were resolved. Am I going to get to read Dare You To any time soon? Probably not, given how many books I still have to read in my personal library, but I really want to soon. Stay tune for more reviews.

Rating:
 

Cover:
Love her hair, but it could have been better in my opinion.



0 comments:

Post a Comment