Friday, August 22, 2014

Review: Racing Savannah (Hundred Oaks #4) by Miranda Kenneally

Title: Racing Savannah (Hundred Oaks #4)
Author: Miranda Kenneally
Series: Yes
Finished or ARC: Finished
Source: I think I bought this, but I'm not sure. I might have won it.

Goodreads: They’re from two different worlds.

He lives in the estate house, and she spends most of her time in the stables helping her father train horses. In fact, Savannah has always been much more comfortable around horses than boys. Especially boys like Jack Goodwin—cocky, popular and completely out of her league. She knows the rules: no mixing between the staff and the Goodwin family. But Jack has no such boundaries.

With her dream of becoming a horse jockey, Savannah isn’t exactly one to follow the rules either. She’s not going to let someone tell her a girl isn’t tough enough to race. Sure, it’s dangerous. Then again, so is dating Jack…


Review:
Moral: not all rich people are stuck up snobs and that social class shouldn't matter when it comes to love.

Like all of Miranda Kenneally's books, there is a heroine that is pretty awesome and a guy that has some issues. Jack's issue: the fact he is forced to pretend to like someone he doesn't like, and he can't have Savannah because of it and the fact she is him employee. Classic love story situation. Yes, cliche. No, it's not cheesy. This situation between them is funny, but sweet in a way.

I loved the comedy in this book. Kenneally never fails to make me laugh. What I love is that when things are going horrible for Savannah, she inserts a bit of humor in to lighten up the mood. 

Savannah is a great character--funny, smart, and kind. What I love about her is that she doesn't take crap from anyone and is very strong willed when she wants something. I love that she was willing to do anything to make sure her unborn sister had a good life, even if she didn't like Cindy, her father's girlfriend, all that well. 

There are some really, really sad moments in this book that made me want to cry. I'm not going to indulge you on what they are, but those moments are ones that can happen in real life, which is what I like about Kenneally's novels. She creates real situations and turns them into amazing stories. 

Jack. I have mix feelings about Jack. I thought he was really sweet, but he could be the biggest jackass. I did believe that Jack truly cared for Savannah, but during one scene, I wanted to jump into the story and beat him. He asked a question that was so rude that I can't believe Savannah went back to him. Of course, Jack redeemed himself and everything worked itself out.

Overall, this book was a great read and I loved it. 


Rating & Cover:
The Big Kahuna
I love the cover of this book. I love Savannah's outfit.




0 comments:

Post a Comment