Sunday, October 30, 2011

Bloodlines review


*MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

Goodreads: When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood.

Okay, since it's been a long time since i actually read this book, this isn't going to be much of a review.
Plot: I liked it. It was different. I found the book a really good one, The following is just some mental notes I took.
1: I'm not sure how I feel about the tattoo problem. Sure, I was happy the Keith got caught red-handed, but I don't get why she didn't tell us why he was dealing 'blood'. that or i missed it.
2: Jill's many admirers. Okay, when she told us that Micah (human) and Lee (moroi) were intersted in her, I thought "Cool! Finally someone else besides Adrian for her love interest. He's way too old." But at the end, when Sydney told us that Eddie was interested in her too, I thought "Lucky, but why so many?" I mean, one to two is awesome. Team Micah or Team Lee.
3: BIG TYPO. "Beside Jill was a dhampir, one I knew in teh same way I knew Adrian--that is, I'd see him but had never been introduced." Page 49. JILL ISN'T A DHAMPIR! SHE'S A MOROI!
4. I think the hint of Syndey being a witch is cool, but a witch? Aren't we suppose to be focusing on vampires? I think the witch thing might be a little over done, but it's going to be interesting to see who gave her the DNA of a witch. I think her mother did.
5. I LOVE THE CAMEO OF ROSE! Love her. Still the same badass as ever.

Characters:
Like most of them except Keith (horrible horrible person) and Syndey's dad (horrible man who doesn't deserve Syndey or any of the women in his life). Now, you're wondering "WHAT? WHY?" Why in deed? Well, like it said in the book, he regets having only girls. I swear, I would divorce him after learning this.

Quotes:
None for this one. I can't remember any. Sorry!

4.5 shells

Cover: 4.5
Ending: 4.5






Note: I didn't receive this book in exchange for a review. I bought it. AMAZON!






Keep On Reading!





Up Next
Still like the old cover better


0 comments:

Post a Comment