Sunday, October 9, 2011

Mockingjay review


Goodreads: Young Katniss Everdeen has survived the dreaded Hunger Games not once, but twice, but even now she can find no relief. In fact, the dangers seem to be escalating: President Snow has declared an all-out war on Katniss, her family, her friends, and all the oppressed people of District 12. The thrill-packed final installment of Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy will keep young hearts pounding.

Well, I finally finished Mockingjay yesterday! I know, it took me forever. Two weeks! But hey, that's how long it's going to take for a JUNIOR in high school finish a book since she has LOADS and LOADS of homework. :(
Well, I liked Mockingjay. Now you're probably wondering: LIKED? I LOVED IT! Well, I liked it. I LOVED the first book. This one was, in my opinion, was about Katniss and her mental instability and fighting for the rebels. I wish Suzanne put a bit more action into this one, but the action in it was good too. The fact Katniss kept going back and forth between stable and depressed and mentally wacked got kinda.....i don't want to say annoying, but i can't think of any other word for it.
I'm happy they got Peeta and the rest of them back, but personally, I wouldn't have let Peeta go out into the field. He was still too unstable.
Third, the one part of the book i absolutely didn't like was when Suzanne told us that Prim died. I DID NOT LIKE THAT ONE BIT! Also, I didn't like the fact i had to go and look up how she died. I got that the children were used as a human shield, and at first she was apart of it, but then online it said she was part of a medical team that got bombed. When did the book say that?
Otherwise: a great series over all.


4.5/5 shells

Cover: 5

Ending: 5 shells
 


 Note: I didn't receive this book in exchange for a review. I bought it. AMAZON!


Keep On Reading



Up next:




 

0 comments:

Post a Comment