Monday, October 31, 2011

I'm grateful for.........

Why you may ask? Well, my love for Greek Mythology started with this series. It opened my mind to new stories about different myths that I could turn into different stories. Plus, from this series, many other books based on Greek Myths have been created, and I love many of them (like Abandon by Meg Cabot).  Many of my own ideas for stories have been based off of this series too.
Plus, the second series by Rick Riordan is my all time FAVORITE series EVER! I love it. Plus, when they made the movie, sure, I was peved that some things were changed, but the person they choose as Percy (logan lerman) is HOT!
Thirdly, I feel this series of books is one of the only series out there for both girls and boys. Today you see a lot of Paranoramal/YA novels for girls. I mean, what boy wants to read about vampires falling in love with a human (Evernight, Twilight, etc) or a fallen angel fighting for his love (Fallen series, Hush Hush series, etc)? Seriouly? If i was guy, I wouldn't even touch them. But this series aims towards both boys and girls. Fighting monsters? A hidden camp? Supernatural butt kicking power?! Guys love that stuff, and girls like it too. How do you think Rick Riordan got so popular?
The only thing I'm not grateful for for this book is that yes, a new series was born from it, but now I have to wait a whole year for the next book in the second series (The Heroes of Olympus-The Mark of Athena) to come out. A WHOLE STINKIN YEAR! WHY!? Good thing I have more books to read. :D
So, if you are reading, read the series if you haven't already. It's the BEST one out there (in my opinion anyway ;) )!

This lovely post is for the contest below. Now, don't faint. Yes, it's for 19 BOOKS! And A MILLION SUNS is included! :D It's so awesome!
Link is on the right side. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment