Friday, November 4, 2011

Wolfsbane review



*MAY CONTAIN SPOLIERS!*

Goodreads: When Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemies, she’s certain her days are numbered. But then the Searchers make her an offer—one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack—and the man—she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive.

Review: Okay, here we go. The first word that comes to my mind when I think of this book is..............
SLOW
Why slow? Because, the book took forever to get into. It was at the end when it really got good. Saving the others. Ren. Everything else in between. But the beginning, yeah.....slow. The beginning was all about the Searchers and the lies told to the wolves and how everything actually came to be and how the Keepers are bad bad bad. I think that took up 3/4 of the book. The rest was the first small battle between the Searchers w/ Calla against the 'Bane' ( the ' ' because there are Nightshades in it too) and the battle in the Alter room. That's where the book got better.

DO NOT READ THE NEXT PART. SPOILER ALERT!
Now the end? I was excited yet mad at it. As much as I love Shay, and I do, I'm kinda happy Calla went back after Ren, if only to save him from the Keepers and the Bane pack. But at the same time, I don't like it that she did. Spoiler: FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, YOU MATED SHAY AT THE END! (Sorry). I hope that Andrea finds Ren a new love interest, because I really hope Calla does stay with Shay.
Characters:
Main three:
Calla: She's still the same head strong girl we all know and love. Her conflict between Ren and Shay is still stupid. TEAM SHAY!
Shay: Different. More confident now he is an alpha. More protective. I was shocked at how good he was with weapons. Once he gets that sword put together.....I hope his 'uncle' is prepared.
Ren: There wasn't much of Ren in this book (I'm not complaining), but I have to say, it was different to read how different he was. He was.........I really don't want to say needed, but it seemed like it. Plus, I don't see why he didn't fight back. He's an ALPHA FOR CHRIST SAKE! Also (this was mention in the book) why didn't he go with Calla? I mean, he said he loved her, so why not? To make sure their getaway was successful? Or was he scared? Hmm.........
The Searchers:
Monroe: Stern father figure. Leader. And I would hate to get on his bad side. He seems friendly enough if you get to know him, but I think he puts work over friendship a bit when people threaten him or his family. His secret--OMG! It was amazing to read about it. But I'm also so depressed that he never got to spend time with him except for when he [Monroe] met his (you fill in the blank).
Adne (Yeah, that's her name. Man, it's been so long.): Calla, except a Searcher. And she doesn't have a boy problem. I like it how even though she's a Weaver, she doesn't just stand along the side lines and wait. If she thinks something is wrong, she takes action.
Conor: Smart-ass, funny, totally strong guy. In the beginning, he comes off as a perv, hitting on Calla while she's asleep, but later he shows us that he's really into Adne. I really hope they get together.
Ethan: I'm not sure how I feel about him. In the beginning, he's a really butthead, but later we find out why. Not saying.
Silas: Yeah, that's how you spell his name (i think). This guy: smart, but a big pain in the ass. I don't think he has a sentive bone in his body. I like it how he just comes right how and says what he's thinking instead of lying, but every time he did that, he just made himself a bigger jerk than he already was.
Others:
Okay, I really don't remember any other characters except Calla's pack, which really haven't changed since they were in prision for most of the book, and some of the other Seachers, but there's nothing really to tell, except that I hate it that Lydia died.


4.5 shells

Cover:
Cover's rating is only because I like the orginal cover better.

Ending: 4.5



Note: I didn't receive this book in exchange for a review. I bought it. AMAZON!




Keep On Reading!




Up next:

Kay, personally, I like the UK cover better, but only because of the awesome drawing and the colors. But the other one really gives a hint of where the races take place. Can you see the water and the sand?


0 comments:

Post a Comment