Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #6



Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we want to read and that will be added to an ever growing list of to-reads.


First, how do you like the button? I was so happy when I came across this on We Heart It. I thought it was a perfect picture for my version of the original button. I looked at different ones, but this one really got me. Anyway, moving on!



Here is my W.o.W.


Soul Awakened (Reincarnation #1)Soul Awakened (Reincarnation #1)
By: J.D. Stroube
Due Date: Feb. 15, 2012
Goodreads: Imagine being born at the first breath of mankind. What would it be like to live as a witch among men? Would life be less cherished if you were destined to become an old soul; one who must succumb to death only to be reborn repeatedly?
Faye is a mortal with an immortal soul. She is destined to die at the hands of another immortal during the peak of her life, only to be reborn again. In each life she has a new name, face, and destiny. However, her soul remains the same.
Faye has no memories of her past lives, but that is about to change...
After a horrifying accident, she loses everything dear to her, moves halfway across the world, and begins having visions of a man with no face; a man who kills her, over and over again. Each life is ended before it truly begins.
Memories of her past lives have been unlocked and along with them, she discovers an affinity for magic. Can she master her abilities quick enough to face her demon head on? Will the memories of her past lives reveal weapons to change her fate? Will she be aware of her faceless death, when he comes for her? Or could her executioner be closer than she thought?

Why:

Well, first, look at that cover. Whimsical is the first thing that camed to my mind. And that dress. :D LOVE IT! Now the story: I <3 reincarnation. Love it love it love it. I believe I was Italian in a former life because I love pasta so much. Though I haven't read many books on reincarnation, the ones I have I loved. I recommend Reincarnation by Suzanne Weyn. I loved that book.
(P.S. If anyone has a copy of Incarnate they don't want anymore, I'll be happy to trade with you.)


Asphodel (The Underworld Trilogy, 1)Asphodel (The Underworld Triology #1)
By: Lauren  Hammond
Due Date: Dec. 20, 2011

Goodreads: Persephone has been running for her entire life. Running from the humans to keep her immortality a secret. And running from a man who haunts her dreams. Not a man but a god, who will stop at nothing until he gets what he wants. And what he wants most, is her.
Trapped in the realm of the dead, Persephone plans to return to the land of the living. The underworld is a terrifying place where ghosts roam freely, three headed dogs patrol the gates, and it’s a living grave where the rules of earth and the warmth of the sun no longer apply. But then, something unexpected happens. Persephone finds herself falling for the god who abducted her, the god who has chased her for five thousand years, a god who is none other than death himself, Hades.
Ripped out of the underworld by Zeus, Persephone must find a pomegranate to return to the realm of the dead and to her beloved. Consuming only a seed of the fruit of the dead would bind Persephone to spend her life beneath the earth’s core with Hades. But Zeus has reduced every pomegranate tree in the world to ash. Except one. Persephone must locate that one remaining pomegranate tree, a quest that could ignite a war between the two mightiest of the god’s. A war that could cause Persephone to lose the only family she’s ever known or give up a love that comes only once every five thousand years.


Why
Yes, I know the book already came out, but I have never heard of it, and I wanted everyone to know about it. Reason why I can't wait to read it know it it's a Greek Mythology book. End of story.
So, what are you waiting on?


Keep On Reading!


 

3 comments:

  1. Hi! These books sounds good! I do not know J.D. Stroube but with a blurb like this I'm sure it worth the reading!
    Here's mine!

    http://proserpinecravedfor.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I've not seen the first book but I've seen Asphodel and it looks really great. BTW Incarnate is one of my favorite books of ALL TIME. That is all, forever! :) I wish I had an ARC to give you but I have the NetGalley version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a beautiful cover!!! I haven't heard of this one before but it looks and sounds really good! Great choice ;)

    Happy Holidays!

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit
    International 300 Follower Giveaway

    ReplyDelete