Sunday, February 5, 2012

Contemporary February #4: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight


*CONTAINS SPOILERS


 
Goodreads:
Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A.
Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.
Review: Cheesy, sweet, funny, romantic, classic, comedy. Though words are this novel.
The tension between dad and kid because dad cheated on mom and is getting married. Mom's upset. Girl hates dad. But then, one plane ride, one boy, changes everything.
This book was so cute! I loved it. Sure, there were a few things I might have done differently, but I loved it. The feelings Hadley was feeling were so spot on, and Oliver, sweet Oliver, is a total catch. I just feel sorry for him about his dad.
Ok, not actually funny, but heart touching. When Hadley confronted her dad and told him everything, he sat there and listened instead of ignoring her or going to his new wife. That was my "Aw" moment. And all the feelings that Oliver had boiling up in him about his God awful dad, well, let's just say that was interesting to read. 

I have only one problem, maybe that's just me, but if was Hadley, I wouldn't just talk to my dad in a room and tell him everything. No, I would pound him with all my anger. "YOU LEFT MOM! AND YOU STILL WERE MARRIED! AND NOW YOU WANT ME TO ATTEND YOUR WEDDING!!! F**K NO!" That's what I would do. I wouldn't let him get off that easily. 

The characters? Well, in the amount of time the book actually covers, suprisingly the characters did show change. Hadley went from a girl who hates her had and life to one who starts warming up to her new family. Oliver didn't change, but he did get a moment where he could just get it out. Both our main characters had their rage boiling up inside of them, one's rage longer than the other's. I can't say that I wish that things like this didn't happen, but unfortunately they do.

Future: Just a wonderful stand alone.

Okay, sorry this one is short, but anything else I say is basically going to make me feel like I'm repeating what other bloggers have said. I loved the book from start to finish, and though I don't believe in love at first sight, this book put a little belief in me.


Rating:
Cover:
It's cute and creative, but I like the UK one better.

Ending:
I love happy endings.



*Bought from B n' B





Keep On Reading!






Up Next:

0 comments:

Post a Comment