Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day Special


Aw, yes, Valentine's Day. The day of celebrating love. The day couples, married or not, celebrate their love and for families to celebrate the love within each other. The day where gifts backed by love are exchanged, romantic dates are created, and that special kiss at the end of the day is shared. Aw, Valentine's Day.

History:
According to most sites (and the History Channel) Saint Valentine married couples in secret because of the emperor's harsh law, which dictated that marriage is against the law. Later on, the emperor found out and had Saint Valentine arrested.
In jail, couples visited and gave him letters and flowers. Then, one day, Valentine and his jailer's daughter fell in love. On the day of his execution, he gave his love a note, with this famous phrase on it:

From Your Valentine.

From there, the tradition took off.

Now, why, may you ask, am I posting this? I am because I like Valentine's Day, and I wanted to share a few things with you.

The things I'm going to post are entirely my opinion, but I hope you come to like some of them.

Food
While randomly searching We Heart It, I came across some pictures of food I thought would be perfect on Valentine's Day. Sure, some might go out for dinner, but if you are going homemade, try making theses. Now note, these are only pictures, but they look simple to make. :D I can't wait to try them myself.

Rice Crippies

Cupcakes

Cookie Frosting Sandwiches

Strawberry Milk with cupcakes with heart imprints

Songs

I think these songs are perfect for Valentine's Day.

All About Us by He Is We ft. Owl City

I'm Yours by Jason Mraz

Kiss Me Slowly by Parachute

Our Kind of Love by Lady Antebellum

Just a Kiss by Lady Antebellum

 

Cute Idea


 
Cute Pictures


 
And My Favorite



HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!

Tayte



0 comments:

Post a Comment