Saturday, February 11, 2012

Passion review redo


*CONTAINS SPOILERS

First of all, the first review of this book was horribly done. So, I'm redoing it. :D

Goodreads: Luce would die for Daniel
And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart: Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn’t need to be that way. . . .
Luce is certain that something—or someone—in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of this lifetime . . . going back eternities to witness firsthand her romances with Daniel . . . and finally unlock the key to making their love last.
Cam and the legions of angels and Outcasts are desperate to catch Luce, but none are as frantic as Daniel. He chases Luce through their shared pasts, terrified of what might happen if she rewrites history.
Because of their romance for the ages could go up in flames....forever
Okay review time:
  • To start off, here's a general fact about the book: it switches between Daniel's and Luce's provs. I thought this was smart. It gave us a view from both characters instead of just Luce. Plus since Daniel's trying to find her, it really made the book better by showing us what he was up to.
  • The book centers around Luce, Daniel and Bill (you'll see who that is later on). Sure, it's about Luce's journey to find the source of the curse and Daniel's to help her and find her first, but then there's Bill. Who's Bill you ask? Keep reading. :D
  • In the beginning, a meeting is going on between some people of the Elders, some Outcasts, and a man that I-won't-tell-you-the-name-of-or-I'll-ruin-the-book-for-you. This meeting is in one of the Scale's oldest members, Sophia, who happens to be the eldest Elder. The rest of them are running scared. Anyway, the 'man' is upset that no one has caught Luce yet and tells all of them that it's time for him to take matters in his own hands. At this point, readers are wondering who in the world is this guy and what could he want with Luce. I was. (And I will admit it, I thought the beginning was set in the past, but after I looked again, it wasn't.)
  • The ending: TOTAL SHELL SHOCKED. I never really thought it was possible, but apparently it is.
Characters w/ Notes:
Luce: She's changed. Throughout the book, she's trying to find out why she and Daniel are cursed. Eventually, she figures out why and she seems to matured a bit. I like her a lot in the London England life, but I dont' like what she did. (Not telling.)
Notes on her:
  • In the beginning, I have to say this, but Luce did seem kinda pathetic and stupid. She knows she's looking for something, or a way to break the stupid curse, but she's so scared that she doesn't know what to do or to take the time to stop and gather herself up and concentrate.
  • Forgot to mention, beside being able to travel back and look at her past selves, Luce finds out a lot of things about them. And when she goes "3-D", she gains abilities that her past life has. Then there's that one abilities that kinda keyed her in on part of the curse. I can't say what it is, but let's just say it deals with Daniel's true self.
  • Okay, on pages 127-130, around there, we meet Roland again, and he tries to tell Luce something (I'm not going to say) and she can't seem to comphrend something so simple. And later on she goes an ignores him!
  • Thought the whole book, Luce is traveling back in time to find out the origin of her curse so she can try to stop it from every happening. I found several of her past lives interesting. Especially the ones in Egypt, China, France, and London, England. It showed Luce in a different sense...you could say. I feel that her as present Luce is a head strong girl that's love sick. In her past lives, she's a young girl that love sick and doesn't really have her head attached. Sure, some of her lives demonstrated courage and intelligentence, but I feel that most of them were just love sick. After all, that's the curse. The only one that didn't seem like a love sick child was her in Italy (a smart nurse) and in Helston, England, where she was a big bitch. (Sorry for my French, but she was).
Daniel: Okay, i have to say, that he seem kinda desparate in this book. He never really stopped to think about where she would end up next. He just kept thinking "I need to get to her. I need to be with her" and all that other blah blah blah crap. He's a romantic (but that's not a bad thing. Romantic guys are the best ;D ). Anyway, he doesn't really change during the book, he still the protective guy that still loves Luce.
Notes on him:
  • Pg 33-36. Daniel kinda seems dumb. He's staring at present Luce after past Luce just died. (Oh this is when she was in Russia). I mean, one look at her clothes and I could have told you that she was from the future. Instead he just looks at her then shouts at her like some lost kid. No offense to him, I would have not done any of that.
  • Okay, throughout the book, sometimes Daniel would talk to his past life. (How cool would that be?) Several times, when he talked to them, them seemed really depressed. But of course, when Daniel got there, the 'BIG EVENT' occured (you should know what I'm talking about here. NO SPOILER THIS TIME). But then, past Daniel would give present Daniel advice. I thought this was cool but weird in a way. Cool because it's like a father giving his own son advice on girls. Weird because it's Daniel giving Daniel advice, and later on, he'll remember giving himself his own advice. Weird.
  • Okay, Shelby and Miles make an appearance in the book. Like all the other angels, they're looking for Luce too. Where and what they do in the book, now that's shocking. I have to say, making them go back in time was smart. SPOILER! Okay, so later on, Daniel merges himself with one of his past lives. (Why I truly don't know. I didn't get that part). To split himself, he needs to have a starshot run down to the center of his chest to split him. If not for one of the two Nephillium, then he would be still together.
Bill (Yep, the Bill): Okay, SPOILER. Luce meets this creepy little gargoyle Bill. Think of him as a small little gargoyle that has the powers of a fairy godmother......father. Anyway, in the beginning, he automatically uses his brains to impress us and Luce. And when I mean he uses his brains, I mean, he's really smart. Soon he becomes Luce's guide on her quest; helping her with looking the part, making sure she said the right thing, providing information on the time period, and information on what Luce was like and what happened to her during the time period they were in. A funny and sarcastic tour guide. I liked him in the beginning, though at sometimes I thought he was really annoyed at Luce for some of the things she did or said. Let's just say my opinion of him changed at the end.
Others:
We don't really meet any other major characters except Shelby, Miles, and the other angels. But I will say this, Cam was very different from what he is now. Why? Well, back then, something changed him. Something dramatic to make him the way he is now. I never really pictured him to ever be like that, but it was a nice change to see a guy that wasn't an arrogant jerk. I just hate what happens to him. :(
Future: I think we'll all be in for a shock in Rapture. With the way the book ended, I wouldn't be surprised if Rapture sells over 500,000 copies the first week with that cliffhanger. I do think Luce and Daniel and everyone else will have a happy ending, but I think one of the characters will die first.
 
Quotes:
Luce-Italy: "But you should go see Miss Fiero at the nurses' station. She does the registration and the scheduling"--Lucia giggled again and lowered her voice, leaning twoard Luce--"and the doctor, on Tuesday afternoons!" Pg 61.
Luce-Helston: "Get away from him, you trollop!" Pg 146. Trollop. What a word!
Daniel and page 113-116. This you have to read.
Bill: "Kids today, they just want things to go fast--boom boom BOOM." Pg. 186
Read this book. It was VERY good. If you haven't yet, go to the Library, Walmart, or get it from a friend. It's a must read. :D

5 shells
Cover: 3 shells
Okay, the only reason why I gave the cover a 3 is that I don't like how the girl looks so thin and animated. The first two and the ones after this one look like real girls. Plus, I really don't like the dress they use in this one.

Ending: 4 shells
I really did NOT like the hugh cliffhanger.

Note: I didn't get this book in exchange for a review. I bought it. Amazom!

 

Keep On Reading!
  


Up Next:
Okay, it's kinda creepy to see them side to side like I put them. They kinda look like one guy.
NOTE: I'm TEAM PUCK!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment