Friday, November 25, 2011

The Iron Knight review!!!


*MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*
Goodreads: Ash, former prince of the Winter Court, gave up everything. His title, his home, even his vow of loyalty. All for a girl… and all for nothing.
Unless he can earn a soul.
To cold, emotionless faery prince Ash, love was a weakness for mortals and fools. His own love had died a horrible death, killing any gentler feelings the Winter prince might have had. Or so he thought.

Then Meghan Chase—a half human, half fey slip of a girl— smashed through his barricades, binding him to her irrevocably with his oath to be her knight. And when all of Faery nearly fell to the Iron fey, she severed their bond to save his life. Meghan is now the Iron Queen, ruler of a realm where no Winter or Summer fey can survive.
With the (unwelcome) company of his archrival, Summer Court prnkster Puck, and the infuriating cait sith Grimalkin, Ash begins a journey he is bound to see through to its end— a quest to find a way to honor his solemn vow to stand by Meghan’s side.
To survive in the Iron realm, Ash must have a soul and a mortal body. But the tests he must face to earn these things are impossible. At least, no one has ever passed to tell the tale.
And then Ash learns something that changes everything. A truth that turns reality upside down, challenges his darkest beliefs and shows him that, sometimes, it takes more than courage to make the ultimate sacrifice.

  
Can I just say, I LOVED THIS BOOK! It was written beautifully, every page kept me focused and on edge, and I loved the characters. I'm just really sad to see it end, but I'm really excited for Ethan's series to start (that's Meghan's brother).
Also, big THANK YOU to Lovely Lit, who withouth her, I would have had to go out and buy the book. Instead, thanks to here, I won it! Thank you again!
Click here for her blog: Lovely Lit

Okay, on to a few notes. :D
  • Okay, I loved Ash in this book. Sure, I loved him before, but know that he's going through this big change into becoming human, he changes. Cold dark prince to light caring human. :D But, in the beginning when he still tries to kill Puck, and in other scenes when he tries to do dark things (not going to mention), I feel that even though he is doing this, he's still going to have dark moments here and there. Who knows? Oh, and SPOILER, his final trial, LOVED IT! I just wonder if it's going to happen, if so, will Ethan and Kierran be involved in the next series?
  • Puck. I was all for Team Puck. Still am. But, I'm happy with his Fate. He's still the funny loving trickster we all know and love. *Sigh* Puck, come and be my boyfriend. I know plenty of jokes and tricks to make you laugh. I was happy to see him support Ash through his quest as a good friend would. But in the beginning, I swear he was going to dump him and leave. In the beginning, Puck really lays in to Ash, yelling and fighting in all. I hope he gets a happy ending in the next series. :)
  • Ariella? Hmm.........interesting. I really did like her in the beginning, for a moment. Sure, I'm happy she decided to help Ash and his friends on the quest, but later on, she showed her other side. SPOILER! The side that has all her jealousy hidden. The side that longs to be by Ash's side and wants Meghan dead. After that, I really didn't trust her. I hate it how that afterwards, she retreated into herself and Julie made her seem like a fragile little girl. But in the end, I'm happy at what she did. I wonder if Faery will bring her back again.
  • Wolf. The Big Bad Wolf. The Wolf that ate Granny. Blah blah blah. In the beginning, he states his reasons for being there pretty clearly: "I'm here to further my story/reputation/character blah blah blah." (or something like that.) Selfish. That's what he is. BUT later on, he redeems himself by doing something very heroic to save everyone. (Read the book to find out). There, I saw he another side.
  • Grimalkin. Same cat. Sneaky, always disappearing at bad situations, always having someone owe them a favor. Sure, when they're in the Hall of Evil Reflections (i think that's what it's called), he's reflection is the same. And sure, he's only doing this to gain a favor from Ash, but I think he also cares about them all. Not just Ash or Meghan or Puck. No, I think somewhere deep down inside he cares about them. Whether he chooses to acknowledge it or not, I say so.
Well, I'm just really sad to see this series end, but I have no clue when the second series is coming out. I hate waiting. Well, if you haven't already read this series, GO READ IT! It's not a boring series; it's one that will hold your attention on every page.
Hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.


5 shells
Cover:

Ending:



The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa




Up Next:

                                            
I love the colors of the UK(buttom), I love the tail in the German(right), and I love the concept of the US(left.)


Keep On Reading!




2 comments:

  1. Woowoo totally awesome giveaway Tayte! Congrats, you won a giveaway on my blog! Like the blog! New follower. :)

    Ana
    http://book-spark.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell in love with this series recently, and when I got to the end of the third book, I was dismayed that it was ending without a chance for Megan and Ash to be together. Fortunately for all of us, this trilogy spawned another book, this time from Ash's point of view, that tell the trials of Ash's quest to obtain a soul so he could be with Megan. It is a very reflective book with some twists that no one could have seen coming. I greatly enjoyed it and highly recommend that entire series to anyone that likes stories to do with the fey (or just and out and out good fairy tail!)

    ReplyDelete