*MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*
Goodreads: To save the life of the boy she loves, Jacinda did the unthinkable: She betrayed the most closely-guarded secret of her kind. Now she must return to the protection of her pride knowing she might never see Will again—and worse, that because his mind has been shaded, Will’s memories of that fateful night and why she had to flee are gone.
Back home, Jacinda is greeted with hostility and must work to prove her loyalty for both her sake and her family’s. Among the few who will even talk to her are Cassian, the pride’s heir apparent who has always wanted her, and her sister, Tamra, who has been forever changed by a twist of fate. Jacinda knows that she should forget Will and move on—that if he managed to remember and keep his promise to find her, it would only endanger them both. Yet she clings to the hope that someday they will be together again. When the chance arrives to follow her heart, will she risk everything for love?
In bestselling author Sophie Jordan’s dramatic follow-up to Firelight, forbidden love burns brighter than ever.
Okay, this is going to be a short review. Why? Because I'm so into Passion by Lauren Kate that I forgot some things, so bare with me. :D
- First off, I love how she hooked us in the beginning. Immediately to a battle scene between Hunters and Draki. It didn't start off slow with just them getting back to the pride with a long boring car ride.
- Second: SPOILER!Tamra manifested. I LOVE IT! Finally. The Underdog gets her moment!
- Third: Cassian. What to think? I think he should be with Tamra so Jacinda can be with Will. SPOILER: I really don't like it how he plays with both girls' emotions. That's just not right. Sure, I'm happy that he's trying to get himself to like Tamra, but trying to force emotions on yourself to like another, it won't work. In my opinion, you'll just keep thinking of the other person you're trying to get rid of.
- Fourth, I didn't like the way Jace moped around just because she was back and she couldn't be with Will. Geez. I would be trying to find a way out of that place, Mom or not. Sister or not.
- Corbin. Creeper. Period.
- The whole bonding thing--Arranged Marriage. What are we? Midevil? NO! But the ceromony was beautiful.
- Will. I want to say he has Draki blood because the Hunters put it in them, but secretly, I think his dad fell in love with a Draki, she got pregnant with Will, she gave birth, and because of her pride, she had to leave him behind without a goodbye, Dad turns bitter, and starts hunting down every Draki for revenge. :D
- Az (Azure)--I really like her name, but she's really stubborn since she couldn't take the time to listen to Jacinda's side of the story.
- Miram: In all honesty, I think she got what she deserved. Spying on Jace and her family and who knows who else! I would be glad she would be gone. Sure, her death would be bad, but I rather have my privacy than have some snop hanging around me.
- Jace and Tam's mom. SPOILER! Why does she have to drink? Why? Can't she just be depressed and over worked? Why does she have to drink? Drinking doesn't solve problems; it just creates them. On the positive side, though she was banished for being a "bad influence" on Jacinda and being human, she did leave a note for the girls to find her again.
Remember the Palm Tree. What the heck does that mean?
- Last one: WHY IN THE WORLD DO THEY HAVE TO GO GET MIRAM!? Okay, I do know the answer: Jacinda has a guilty concious (if i spelled it wrong, oh well). She feels bad Miram is in the place she is now because of her. Well, if I was her, I would have either 1: Grabbed her and forced her to come with me when I had the chance to escape, or 2: I would have left her and NOT have gone back for her.
Future: I think they get her out, and they find out why Will has Draki blood. Plus, I think somehow they find a way to break 'the bond' between two of the characters.
Note: I didn't receive this book in exchange for a review. I bought it from Amazon.
Keep On Reading!
I'm already on page 247! Hopefully I'll have it done by the weekend!