Saturday, December 24, 2011

Everneath review

*MAY CONTAIN SPOLIERS*


Goodreads: Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever.
She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.
Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen.
As Nikki's time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she's forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's...

Review:
Two words
LOVED IT!

What I liked: The myth behind it. I have never heard of Orpheus and Eurydice, but after I read this book, I fell in love. Flashbacks are always cool. :D I love having a peak at a character's past life before the actually events. The band's name. Seriously! It's so original. And the pic is cool just as it is creepy.
Actually, I like the whole book in general. Except one thing:

I HATED THE ENDING!

Now you're probably screaming at me WHY?!
SPOILER
It was so sad. And it left a big cliffhanger that made me mad. When does the sequel come out!? SOMEONE TELL ME!
Oh, forgot, I also didn't like how it was a little fast paced in the beginnning. I would have liked to read a bit more about Nikki in Present day. I didn't hate this thought.

Characters:
  • Nikki: First, I find it funny that her name is Nikki and I have a friend with the same name and same spelling. :D Second, her strength to push through the Feed is admirable. Also, the fact she at least tried to gain back her old life a bit. SPOILER (It's a long one.): I didn't like that after Jack asked her if she remembered anything that she couldn't stay anymore and just wanted to give up. But I'm happy she decided against it. One more thing: I like even though she didn't like seeing them together, she was happy for Jules and Jack when they were at the dance togethere.
  • Jack: LOVE HIM! Book Boyfriend number #3. He is mine. I love that he never stopped trying to get Nikki's attention and never stopped trying to find a way to save her from her fate. He's caring, loving, hottness nature is swoon worthy. *Sigh* TEAM JACK ALL THE WAY!
  • Cole: As much as I want to hate him, I can't. He is just the type of mysterious guy to make a girl think twice about what Mama said. In the book, I was surprised he was a little more caring than what I thought he was going to be. His attitude toward Nikki is surprising for someone who wants to make her his queen for the rest of eternity, forever ruling Everneath. Though he has admirable traits, still Team Jack. :D
  • Jules: Just thought about throwing her in with theses guys because she is kinda important in a way. She's Nikki's best friend, but after Nikki's disapparence, and then her Return, she tries to break that awkward barrier between them. SPOILER: She makes it even harder when Brodi reveals she loves Jack. I can see why, and if Nikki does end up in Everneath, I would put her with Jack. *Sigh* Too bad I can't hate her as the friend who goes after the best friend's ex. She's a good friend.
Future: I can't wait for the sequeal. I have no clue what it's going to be called, but I have a guess that it will have to do with getting Jack back with the aid of Cole. :D Can't wait!

Favorite Quotes:
"There's everything for us." Nikki, page 363.
"I am ever yours." Jack, page 360



So, I decided to make buttons for Team Jack and Team Cole.

The hands represent the fact Jack never gave up on Nikki, and the forever symbols represent "Ever Yours". So romantic. :D
The guitar is for Cole's love of music. I couldn't remember where "Never Let you go" was, sorry! In a way, they're kinda like lyrics.
These buttons can be found on the left side bar. Sorry they are so small. If they were the original size, you wouldn't be able to see most of the review! :D So you'll just have to enlarge them.


Oh, one more thing!

Over the weekend, I found a new song by We the Kings. It's called Say You Like Me. I think it's the perfect song for this book for both guys. :D


I listen to this song all the time now. :D Enjoy.


Rating:
The Big Kahuna
Why? Well, when I first started reading this, I only read the Prologue because it was late and I had school the next day. Then the next week was finals (Gah). Yet, on that Saturday I was suppose to be studying while one the way to Davenport to shop with mom and little sis, I only reviewed for my Econ. final and the rest of the time I read this book. I got to (i think) chapter 32 when I put it down to study. Then on the second day of finals I finally finished it (after I read Learning to Love by Debbie Macomber).  It was Chemistry review hour when I finished, and afterwards, I said to my friend Noemi: "Noemi, after break, this book is yours to read. YOU HAVE TO READ IT!"
No, I didn't scream it, but I did tell her she has to borrow it and read it. :D


Cover:
Ending:
As much as I hated the ending, it doesn't deserve a 1, just in between. Stupid cliffhanger


I got this book from the author, Brodi Ashton, for free from a contest she had. No exchanges necessary. :D


Keep On Reading!



Up Next:
The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1)
Actually, I'm on page 118. It's pretty good so far. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment