Saturday, December 10, 2011

Forgive My Fins review


*MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*
Goodreads: Lily Sanderson has a secret, and it’s not that she has a huge crush on gorgeous swimming god Brody Bennett, who makes her heart beat flipper-fast. Unrequited love is hard enough when you’re a normal teenage girl, but when you’re half human, half mermaid like Lily, there’s no such thing as a simple crush.
Lily’s mermaid identity is a secret that can’t get out, since she’s not just any mermaid – she’s a Thalassinian princess. When Lily found out three years ago that her mother was actually a human, she finally realized why she didn’t feel quite at home in Thalassinia, and she’s been living on land and going to Seaview high school ever since, hoping to find where she truly belongs. Sure, land has its problems – like her obnoxious, biker boy neighbor Quince Fletcher – but it has that one major perk – Brody. The problem is, mermaids aren’t really the casual dating type – when they “bond,” it’s for life.
When Lily’s attempt to win Brody’s love leads to a tsunami-sized case of mistaken identity, she is in for a tidal wave of relationship drama, and she finds out, quick as a tailfin flick, that happily-ever-after never sails quite as smoothly as you planned.

Review: Okay, I sincerely hope that Tera didn't change one thing about this book (it's an ARC). I LOVED it! I have to say, this was one of the best novels I have ever read. Mermaids + a love story = AWESOME BOOK. Every page had something exciting going on, the characters were engaging and colorful, and the plot was original. It was amazing.
Characters:
Lily: Okay, I have to say, she was perfectly created. Yes, she is shallow, thinking only about Brody and the fantasy she saw, but she does care for the people who care for her back. I'm happy she eventually sees through her fantasy and gets with reality.
Quince: Offically my Book Boyfriend. He is MINE! A bad boy with a sensitive side is one of the best. Protective, hot, caring, the list goes on and on. :D I also love how he's honest and straight-forward. How he wasn't afraid to tell Lily that she needs to stop bagging on herself and see that she's beautiful and not what the mean girls think she is.t The only thing I didn't like about him was the way he tried to show Lily he liked her. Why do guys think picking on us will get us to like them? A guy I know does it to me sometimes and it's just annoying. Otherwise, he [Quince] is awesome.
DON'T TOUCH HIM!
Dosinia: Selfish, hateful girl. Okay, maybe not that harsh, but seriouly? SPOILER Revenge on humans for killing her parents? Really? I have to say, kinda old, but the fact that it's at the end and the cliffhanger! OMG! But other from that fact, I didn't like her. Just another mean girl trying to test the main character's nerves.
Brody: Selfish. The one boy that doesn't like not having something someone else has. I hate boys like that. I thought Tera got his role down pat.
Other Characters: Good supporting cast. :D Loved the King and Lily's Aunt Rachel
Future: I can't wait to read Fins Are Forever. So, if you have a copy and want to trade books, I'm all ears. :D


Rating:
The Big Kahuna
First of all, this is the first one. Now, why the Big Kahuna? Because the Big Kahuna is my top rating. The top dog. The big man on top. In other words, this was one of the best books I've ever read. Maybe it was because I ignored my homework to finish this book. That it was one of the only books that hasn't taken me two weeks to finish; only three days. I loved it! If you haven't read this book yet, go find a friend that has the book and borrow it. Or buy it or go to the library. :D Whatever you do, you have to read this book.

Cover

Ending


Note: I didnt' receive this book in exchange for a review. I received through trade with.......Okay, I forget who I trade it with, but I know I did. It was a long time ago.

Keep On Reading!




Up Next:
Yay!

1 comments:

  1. TEAM Quince Forever!!! Lets hope he doesn't miraculously become a jerk in book 2!!

    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete